Literature and Resources on the Web
Journals, Proceedsings, and Newsletters:
- Journal of Symbolic
Computation, the premier journal dedicated to the SAC field,
Editor: Professor Hoon Hong, North Carolina State University (USA).
Published by Academic Press. The
JSC Editor's Page
contains submission guidelines and also links to the bibliographic
info on all the published papers.
- Mathematics in Computer Science, publishes high-quality original research papers on the development of theories and methods for computer and information sciences, the design, implementation, and analysis of algorithms and software tools for mathematical computation and reasoning, and the integration of mathematics and computer science for scientific and engineering applications.
- The SAC Newsletter, The main goal of the
SAC Newsletter is to disseminate news from the partners in the SAC Network as well as
other useful information about Symbolic and Algebraic Computation among researchers,
engineers, teachers, students and users of Computer Algebra Systems.
- Mathematics of Computation, American Mathematical Society
- Transactions on Mathematical Software (TOMS), Association for Computing
Machinery, 11 West 42nd Street, New York, NY 10036.
- SIAM Journal on Computing
- The Southwest Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics: SWJPAM.
- Computer Algebra Systems in Education NEWSLETTER, Dept. of Mathematics, Colby
College, Waterville, ME 04961.
- Computer Physics Communications
Books and Other Reference Listings:
Rosetta-Stone CD-ROM for Computer Algebra Systems
The CD contains sources (partially) and Linux executables (where
applicable) for: Aldor, CoCoA, GAP, Giac, GiNaC, Gmp, Maxima (with
xmaxima), Mpfr, Ntl, Octave, Pari, Scilab, Singular, Yacas.
At the Workshop on Open Source Computer Algebra (June 2002),
Tim Daly distrubted some 60 copies of this CD-ROM.